How do you get the most out of your person? What works for you ; cute poses, aggression, miaowing loudly, smooching and rubbing up against them?
I find that I have to change tactics according to the person.
As I mentioned before my male person is a real softy.
‘It’s 4:30 already and I think I didn’t feed her as much this morning, so she’s probably hungry! ‘ I’ve heard him say to my female.
‘But it’s not even 5 O’clock! It’s way too early! If you feed her now she’ll whinge later that she’s starving!’ my female replies.’
On the whole my male caves pretty easily. For a softy, the following works well:
1. Chirping cutely
2. Miowing loudly
3. Mewling pitifully
4. Throwing myself down and showing my tummy
5. Rubbing up against his legs
6. Walking in front of him when he’s reading
7. Sitting by my food bowl and mewling quietly
Things that work with my female are quite different.
Basically I can’t get her to feed me until she decides it is time for food *Sad face*
But a cat needs other things apart from food and while my male is a softy when it comes to food,
my female is the softy when it comes to play and attention.
So when I’m feeling a bit lonesome and in need of a pat, I find the following works with my female:
1. Miowing loudly using my ‘Where are you, I’m so lonely?’ voice
2. Rubbing up against her legs
3. Showing my tummy
4. Walking in front of her or sitting in front of her and staring at her.
When she is on MY computer I try other things such as:
1. Sitting on the seat next to her and just gazing silently at her.
2. Making small noises so she knows I want to jump up on MY computer desk
3. Sitting next to MYcomputer and staring at her
4. Sitting behind MY computer and sniffing it, or looking over at what she’s writing.
And last but not least…
5. Walking back and forth in front of the computer or ON the keyboard.
If all else fails, THAT always gets her attention and she usually rewards me with a rub behind the ears or a pat.
So, these things work for me. What works with your person?